The Spring Classic is a 36-hole Aggregate Stableford event played over 3 days. The best two rounds are included for a 36-hole point total.
Two-Day Entry – $50 (includes day comp x 2, Spring Classic)
Three-Day Entry – $50 (includes day comp x 3, Spring Classic)
Two or Three-Day Entry Junior U18 – $40 (includes 2 or3 day comps, Spring Classic)
OVERALL PRIZES: SCRATCH WINNER, DIVISION 1 & 2 WINNERS, WOMEN AND JUNIOR PLUS DAILY PRIZES and NTPs.
Entries close on Wednesday 2nd October 2019
1. The Gungahlin Lakes Spring Classic is OPEN to all golfers with a current Golf Australia Handicap from a recognised Golf Club.
2. Starting times are 0700-12:45 each day
3. Every effort will be made to place participants in their preferred starting times. Preferred starting times will be allocated in order of Entry Form receipt.
4. The Event is a 36-hole aggregate Stableford (best two of three rounds will count) If a player elects to play only 2 rounds then his/her score is the aggregate of the two completed rounds.
5. Entries close on Wednesday 2nd October 2019 at 3:00pm, or when a capacity field is reached.
6. Handicap divisions (Division 1 and Division 2) will be determined by the event organiser after receipt of entries.
7. The use of motorised buggies/other ride-on vehicles is permitted. To book a cart please contact the pro shop 6242 4662
8. Distance-Measuring Devices: A player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. Use of a device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect play (eg. gradient, wind speed, temperature etc), is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional functions are actually used.
9. The Entry Form will not be accepted unless accompanied by the GolfLink Number or Gungahlin Lakes membership number and payment of the entry fee prior to the first day of play. Late entries will be accepted if vacancies exist.
10. Play shall be in accordance with the Rules of Golf, as recognised by Golf Australia, and the GLGC Local Rules. The Club’s
Pace of Play Guidelines will apply – penalties for slow play will be applied.
11. Players must report to the starter ready to tee off at least 20 minutes prior to their designated tee time.
12. Players are required to sign and submit their score card within 15 minutes of completing a competition round. Score cards not lodged within this time may result in disqualification.
13. In the event of a tie (The aggregate of the best two of three rounds), winners will be decided by a count-back using the score card from Monday 7th October. If only one player played on Monday 7th October then he or she will be deemed the winner. All events will be decided by count back as prescribed by Golf Australia. If neither player played on Monday 7th Oct then scorecards from Sunday 6th October will be used.
14. Players and their caddies MUST comply with the Dress requirements of the Gungahlin Lakes Golf Club. Non-compliance could see the player not allowed to start or asked to leave the course.
15. Entry fee is non-refundable once draw is posted on the GLGC website.
16. The event organiser shall have the power to vary any conditions and to determine any dispute or question arising as to the disqualification of any entrant and may, at its absolute discretion at any time and without assigning reason therefore, refuse entry or declare any entrant ineligible to compete.
17. Decisions made by the event organiser shall be accepted as final.